Minor Construction and Renovation
All construction work, renovation, remodel with a value of less than $610,000 is defined by the CSU system as Minor Capital Construction. Facility Services is responsible for the performance and/or oversight of any such work on campus.
Requesting Minor Construction or Renovation
Simply complete a Service Request and submit to Facility Services. A Project Manager will be assigned to implement the following steps:
- Client meeting to review scope and schedule (no cost to requestor)
- Prioritization of project within campus workload
- Campus review and approval of project (as necessary)
- Development of an estimate
- Client approval of estimate
- Complete design, and client approval of design
Self Performance of Minor Construction or Renovation
Self performance by campus organizations is permitted within certain guidelines. See the Building Permit for information on this process. The intent of this process is to support the self performance of work while ensuring the safety, code compliance, and Public Works law compliance of all installations on campus. Building permits are provided at no cost to the requestor.