As an employee of the California State University (CSU), you have a comprehensive program of benefits available to you and, in many instances, your family. This website provides an overview of the benefits generally available to you as a CSU employee. Benefit program details are contained in the official plan documents.
What's New - Updated May 10, 2013
View Your Benefits
CalPERS Launches Dependent Eligibility Verification Project
All employees enrolled in a CalPERS health plan will be required to validate that the individuals on their plans are eligible dependents as defined by CalPERS. There will be an amnesty period running from now through June 30, 2013, during which time you can identify ineligible dependents and remove them from your coverage. CalPERS will be sending notifications directly to enrolled employees, with specifics about the project and requirements.
Please read the CSU notification, and review the dependent eligibility information below:
- Current spouse/registered domestic partner
- Natural, adopted, step or registered domestic partner's children up to age 26
- Disabled children of any age if they were enrolled prior to age 26
- Children up to age 26 for whom the subscriber has assumed a parent-child relationship and is considered the primary care parent. (Note: CalPERS will ask subscribers to supply various forms of documentation to certify this relationship.)
- Former spouse/registered domestic partner even if the subscriber was court ordered to provide the ex-spouse/former domestic partner with health coverage
- Children age 26 and older
- Children of former spouses or registered domestic partners
- Disabled children over age 26 who were not enrolled prior to age 26
- Relatives such as grandchildren, grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, etc.
- Foster children
- Anyone already enrolled in a CalPERS health plan through another subscriber
- Spouses or domestic partners of adult children
- Live-in boyfriend or girlfriend and his/her children.
Retirement Basics: De-mystifying the Process Cal Poly's Human Resources has created an online resource for everything you need to know before retiring. Watch this informative tutorial in the comfort of your own home and plan the next chapter of your life! The program is about 30 minutes, but may be paused for notetaking or your later return. This information pertains specifically to CSU Retirees.
- Message from Vice Chancellor
- Pension Reform FAQ's effective 2/20/2013
- Additional Retirement Service Credit ("ARSC") is not available after Jan 1, 2013. Estimates must be received by CalPERS before Jan 1 to be accepted. Requests may be faxed directly to CalPERS at 916-795-1224. Click here for instructions.
- Calculate your own pension with CalPERS' online calculator. Click here for instructions.
- General information about CalPERS' CSU retirement formulas and benefits can be found on the Human Resources "Retirement Plans" page.
Dependent Social Security Numbers Required
No current upcoming events.Benefit Forms can be found on the HR Forms page.