Year-End Payroll Information for Cal Poly Employees
**Important 2012 W-2 Announcement**
Employees should review the address that is printed on the bottom of their October 31, 2012 paycheck stub. This is the address to which your Form W-2 will be mailed. If this is not the correct address, please correct your address through the Cal Poly Portal. Once you are logged in to the portal, go to the “Personal Info” tab and then click on “Home and Mailing Addresses.” All address changes must be submitted by December 11, 2012. If you are not able to change your address via the My Cal Poly Portal, please contact Payroll Services at 756-2605.
Year-End Vacation Rollover Request
Payroll Service’s staff is reviewing vacation leave balances to ensure that balances as of January 1st do not exceed maximum amounts allowed by bargaining unit agreements or CSU policy. Vacation leave balances may exceed these maximums throughout the year. However, any vacation balance that exceeds the maximum allowed by an employee’s bargaining unit or by CSU policy as of January 1st will be forfeited unless Payroll Services has received an approved “Year-End Vacation Rollover Request” form.
- Year-End Vacation Rollover Request Form
- Year-End Vacation Rollover Request Form Delegation of Authority
- Summary of Vacation Accrual Rates and Maximum Vacation/CTO
Excess/Deficit Year-End Balance Reconciliation
- Cal Poly tracks excess and deficit hours worked (“Excess/Deficit” or “Plus/Minus”) resulting from alternate work schedules. This record-keeping is required by the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) for non-exempt employees. An alternate work schedule is defined as any schedule other than Monday through Friday, 8 hours per day. Any alternate schedule change (including the beginning and ending of an alternate schedule) must be reported to Payroll Services.
- In January 2013, any employee with a deficit balance as of December 31, 2012 will receive a separate communication from Payroll Services to provide an opportunity to use other previously earned time to offset the deficit balance.
- If an employee has no other type of leave balance to offset the deficit balance, a dock in pay for the deficit hours will be processed against the current month’s pay.
- For more information, please review Payroll Services Alternate/Compressed Schedule – Frequently Asked Questions page.