Vehicle Accident Reporting Procedures
Faculty, staff, university employed students, Identified University Volunteers, driving/operating vehicles on University (State) Business are personally responsible to report all vehicle accidents and/or damage to the University (State) vehicles.
Vehicle Accidents involving:
- Any University (state) vehicles or if the vehicles are damaged while parked
- Privately Owned or Rental Vehicles being operated on University (state) business
Are Reported to:
- Local law enforcement, immediately (University Police if on campus) call 911.
- Recommend all university vehicle operators record accident information immediately on a Vehicle Accident Data Form (STD 269).
- Your Supervisor, as soon as possible.
- Risk Management immediately if Serious Injury has resulted, (805-756-6755)
- Report minor injuries and vehicle damage within 24 hours!
- Contact University Police 805-756-2281, after regular work hours and on weekends.
- If the vehicle is rented contact the rental agency.
- If the vehicle is your personal vehicle contact your insurance agent.
The Driver must also provide a written
- Report of Vehicle Accident (STD 270)
- MUST BE completed and filed by the driver with Risk Management within 48 hours of the accident.
The Drivers’ Supervisor must provide a written
- Supervisor’s Report of State Vehicle Accident (STD 274)
- MUST BE completed by the drivers’ immediate supervisor,
- Filed with Risk Management within 5 days of accident.
- Forms should be submitted, either by faxing to (805)-756-6500 or delivered by hand to Risk Management, Building 01, Room 128.
Identified University Volunteers, university employed students, and university employees (faculty and staff) are to report their bodily injury or illness, related to their work for the University, to their SUPERVISOR IMMEDIATELY or if unable to do so, WITHIN 24 HOURS or the next business day to obtain the Workers’ Compensations form from the Workers’ Compensation Claims Coordinator at 756-5444 or email to email@example.com.